Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weaving

Now that I have my general questions, guiding questions and core resources I decided to begin focusing my information study and search on my three main sources. One of my main questions is: What are the benefits of signing with your baby? To start answering this question I reviewed the Sign2Me, Baby Signs and Signing Time websites in search of their discussions of signing benefits. I created a simple document in GoogleDocs that includes a table to list the benefits all three programs cite, as well as, ones specific to each organization. This helped me visualize and hone in on base benefits and unique insights. By using GoogleDocs I can add to this document at anytime and have others collaborate with their own information.  Callison (2006) writes that "Knowledge and understanding, therefore, will  move at different speeds and levels of meaning..." By gathering information into one place and focusing on specific parts of the whole (benefits, program components etc) I can help myself  start to align my knowledge and understanding of baby signing without becoming completely overwhelmed. I think I will be in the "weaving" stage for awhile this week. I will share my documents when I have formatted and completed the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment